Navi-Conning is a soft- and hardware system, which is intended for the processing and recording of parameters supplied via different channels from external sources of information. This system will considerably simplify the work of the watch officers by permanently providing valid information on the operation of ship systems. In combination with other Transas products (Navi-Sailor ECDIS, Navi-Radar), Navi-Conning forms a highly efficient Integrated Navigational System, especially in demand under the strain of a limited budget and lack of free space.
- information supplied by the external sensors is displayed on a single screen;
- reception of information in network in any digital and analogue formats;
- an individual screen view can be custom-made;
- predictor – is a program built into Navi-Sailor 3000 ver.3.xx, which allows the ship’s position (referred to as prediction time) to be determined in a set time interval from the current data from the navigational sensors and on the basis of the ship’s mathematical model;
- extendable measurement units database – Navi-Conning can receive parameters from different sources of information and display them on the Screen Views in any measurement units. To do this, the program recalculates the available parameter measurement units to the measurement units the user needs;
- recording – this function allows reproduction of the information in the consistency it has been received, regardless of the time leaps;
- playback – this function allows replaying of the trace-files recorded during the voyage.
Navi-Conning 3000 system is designed to process parameters supplied both, in ASCII code and in the binary form. It supports the following data exchange formats and their versions:
- NMEA. Operation in accordance with this protocol is realized via serial RS232-type and virtual ports.
- WAGO analog/digital converter. Operation according to this protocol is possible via serial ports.
- Binary proprietary format for an interface with Navi-Sailor 3000 via Local Area Network.
All the data processed by Navi-Conning can be output to an external device in NMEA format.
A standard Navi-Conning 3000 system provides 4 base screen views. Three of them (Sea, Mooring, and Narrow) are formed according to their functional purpose to display the following information in graphic and numeric form:
- current ship coordinates, course, speed;
- rudder blade position; information from main engine room, telegraph repeater, etc.;
- status of signal lights;
- sounder readings, wind and route.
The fourth alarms screen view is used for the indication of the internal Navi-Conning system alarms status. Depending on the ambient light, the Navi-Conning offers a selection of screen palettes – day and night. Each base screen view can be supplemented with the required indicators available in another base screen view where the unnecessary indicators can be removed.
Development of New Screen Views
It is possible to order the development of parameter indicators not included in the set of indicators provided on the base screen views. The example of an alternative screen layout is shown in the picture.
Data Recording System
Navi-Conning 3000 has a built-in Data Recording System (DRS) functionality for:
- audio and video data recording;
- network synchronization with the Navi-Sailor 3100 application for the purpose of copying it’s logging data;
- saving of the recorded data on a DVD/CD;
- easy playback of all previously saved data.
- Up to 9 microphones and 3 VHFs can be connected to DRS via Audio Acquisition and Microphone Mixer (AAMM) Card. The primary function of the AAMM card is to acquire and mix microphone inputs and generate compressed audio data in the proprietary format.
- Work with RGB/DVI source video signal directly via builtin UNIGRAF Frame Grabber Card UFG-03.
- Work with one or two video cameras (composite type of output signal). This feature is realized in DRS via external grand video console converter.
- Availability of manual/auto selection of the source of data recorded from Navi-Sailor 3100 application: Master or Backup station. The following logging data received from Navi-Sailor 3100 application is collected at the start of recording with later updating:
- Log book data;
- Target data;
- Radar overlay;
- Add-info data;
- Route data;
- BMP screen shots;
- Navi-Sailor 3100 configuration file;
- Presentation of the free disc space on DVD/CD and HDD for recording.
- Warning about the decrease of free space to the minimum size with later cycle recording.
- Session management: launching, interruption, saving, removal.
- Logging of all the operations with data.
Use of the DRS Playback utility together with Navi-Sailor 3100 Playback allows all the information to be viewed on one screen.