Pocket Sailor from Transas allows users to view Transas charts and navigate using Pocket PC connected to a GPS. Pocket Sailor is an add-on to the NaviGator system and allows charts and routes to be downloaded on to a palm top PC. This is the ideal solution for smaller boats where it is not practical to carry a laptop or as a second mobile unit on a larger yacht.
Pocket Sailor has functions that are available within NaviGator, such as Ahead, ERBL, MOB, GOTO, Dead Reckoning and Info. Along with these, some new functions have been added: GPS Monitoring, GPS detection option, GPS On / Off and an Undo Button. The Undo feature remembers what you have done in Pocket Sailor, from zooming in, to moving around the charts, and allows a user to go back if a mistake has been made.
Pocket Sailor Data Utility is installed on the main home PC or laptop, and is where charts, route information and certain settings are implemented. This information is then downloaded to the Pocket PC and the Pocket Sailor software.
Data Utility is split into four sections:
Charts and routes saved on the main home PC in NaviGator can be loaded to the Pocket PC from here.
Tracks that have been recorded in Pocket Sailor can be downloaded to the NaviGator software on the main PC.
Chart Layer Settings
Pocket Sailor allows you to create two Custom Settings which can be saved to the Pocket PC. These settings dictate the information that is to be displayed in Pocket Sailor.
Pressing the button will take you to the original position on the boat.
Allows you to measure a range and bearing between two points.
Remembers what a user has done and allows you to go back through if a mistake has been made.
will be displayed when this button is selected. Information such as Lat / Long, Course Made Good and Speed Made Good.
allows you to click on a chart symbol and information on that symbol is displayed.
activates the Man Overboard function
allows you to input a single waypoint route
- Pocket digital assistant (PDA) under the operating system:
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 Phone Edition
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Classic
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Professional
- Touchscreen supporting the following resolution:
- ARM processor:
- Processor clock rate: 300 MHz and higher
- RAM: 64 MB and more
- Built-in Secure Digital Card
- For the installation of SW and charts:
- free memory in the device: 15 MB
- a free slot for the Secure Digital (SD) card
- For the GPS connection:
- Built-in GPS receiver
- External GPS receiver and a free system COM port for connection
- Built-in Bluetooth controller and a free system СОМ port for connection