Navi-Fisher 3000 is a functionally advanced but user-friendly electronic chart system specifically adapted for the needs of the fishing industry. Navi-Fisher allows substantial reductions of the fisherman’s workload, as well as considerable fuel and voyage time saving with increased fishing efficiency and safety of fishing. Navi-Fisher 3000 is the optimal solution for fishing fleets, dredgers and research vessels.
Key features of Navi-Fisher 3000:
- Operates with all major chart formats
- Automatic bi-weekly chart correction service
- Zooming in and out from 1:100 to 1:200,000,000 scale
- User Chart Editing
- 3D seabed model
- Display of real echo sounder information in 2D/3D modes
- Unique digitised fishery information database
- Display of fishing net model
- Route planning
- Track storing and converting to routes
- Radar overlay
- Integrated Navtex information
- Integrated weather information
- Integration with the AIS
- Electronic Logbook
- Worldwide service and support
- Operator training programs
Navi-Fisher 3000 allows operation with electronic charts in all the main official formats, including TX-97 format vector charts, and ENC. Navi-Fisher 3000 can simultaneously display up to 6 charts.
Automatic Chart Updating
There are several options of providing automatic chart updating:
- delivery of updated chart collections on CDs every three months;
- bi-weekly updating via the Internet from Transas’ corporate site www.transas.com.
Information on Chart Objects
The “Info” function contained in Navi-Fisher 3000 allows the user to obtain additional information on any object or mark on the electronic chart. This capability is especially important when fishing is done in a new area where the user is not familiar with local navigational conditions.
Tides and Currents
To provide the user with important information on tides and currents, Navi-Fisher 3000 system contains Transas databases on tidal currents, tidal levels, seasonal and surface currents.
Creating Fishing Plotter Boards
To manually edit the electronic chart in the Add_Info mode, the user can choose from an extensive Symbol library incorporated in the system and add selected symbols or comments on to the chart in a variety of colors. Any Add_Info symbol can be promptly accessed using the Hot Key function. The Net Track option is provided to plot ownship’s track on the User Chart, while the net is being set. The user can also decide upon the color for each net track. The Add_Info Converter allows target ship tracks to be converted into Routes.
With Navi-Fisher 3000, advanced facilities are provided to record, store and obtain information on the following types of tracks:
- Ownship Primary track
- Ownship Secondary track
- Ownship Net track
- Target tracks
Essentially, the color of Primary and Secondary tracks can be either set manually by the user, or automatically depending on the outside water temperature or depth. The intervals for water temperature or depth measurement, as well as track point intervals (time or distance) can also be identified by the user. Target tracks can be plotted on the User Chart or removed from it on the user’s command. Target track color and interval can also be set by the user. For easy identification, tracks of the same target can be saved and displayed in different colors.
3D Seabed Model
Navi-Fisher 3000 incorporates a realistic 3D seabed model based on the original electronic chart data and, optionally, on the user’s additional information. The 3D model is displayed in a dedicated window and shows the seabed profile either under the ownship symbol or under the coordinate center of the chart screen. The optimal view of a desired underwater area can be obtained by rotating the model cube around vertical and/or horizontal axes.
The 3D model can also be set up to display the following: ownship’s route with waypoints, plumb lines, shadows, as well as dangers sourced from TX-97 or User Chart. Information on any dangerous object shown in the 3D model can also be obtained by a cursor click.
The following parameters of the 3D model can be set or edited by the user:
- Types of displayed data
- Cube edge range
- Color of the model cubes and other displayed objects
- Size of the 3D window can be extended up to full screen
Echo Sounder Display
Navi-Fisher 3000 is connected to a real echo sounder and contains a dedicated Sounder display providing realistic seabed and under-route profiles. The following information can be presented in the Sounder Display mode:
- Current depth and measurement units
- Echogram of ownship
- Seabed profile along the monitored route
- Ownship plumb line
- Isobaths ranges as taken from TX-97 charts or pre-set by the user
- Sounder Depth line as pre-set by the user
- Waypoint symbols, names and numbers
- Auxiliary information (time, timer, depth, distance, TTG)
- Trawl model with variable Depth and Rope length settings
Overlaying Radar Picture
With the ARPA function incorporated in Navi-Fisher 3000, all moving targets within the radar range are tracked and plotted on the chart. Navi-Fisher 3000 can be supplied with a dedicated Radar Integrator Board from Transas, which is capable of converting the radar’s video signal to digital form and overlaying the radar picture on the electronic chart, and providing the user with full ARPA functionality at low cost.
Radar Integrator ensures the following:
- Full radar picture on the electronic chart display
- Capacity of tracking up to 500 targets simultaneously
- Automatic recording and processing of target information
- Brightness, gain, sea and rain clutter control
Integrated Information from Navtex
Navi-Fisher 3000 automatically reads off messages supplied by the Navtex system, processes them, extracts coordinates, area, transmitting station, topic and other parameters; saves the message to the disk and displays the message mark on the electronic chart immediately after its reception. The automatic alarm is activated upon entry in to the zone received from the Navtex receiver, or at the approach to a single message mark.
Integration with the AIS
AIS transponder interface is implemented in accordance with IEC 61993-2 international standard and takes into account IALA Technical Clarifications on Recommendation ITU-R M.1371-1 (Edition 1.3).
Interfacing of this device with the Navi-Fisher produces the following capabilities:
- to receive and display data on other targets using the AIS (coordinates, name, MMSI, IMO number, ship’s navigation status, ship’s type and nature of cargo, speed, etc.);
- to receive and display additional data transmitted by ships and coastal AIS (AIDS to Navigation);
- to transmit own ship data (call sign, name, MMSI and IMO number, type of cargo, type and navigation status of the ship, etc.);
- to transmit text messages with the following status to other objects of the AIS system (normal, safety);
- to transmit information on targets displayed by the Navi-Fisher, to other objects of the AIS system.
Enhanced interface capabilities:
- interface with SAAB R4 proprietary protocol (possibility of full scale use of the Navi-Fisher as an MKD, certified by BSH);
- possibility of interfacing with SAAB R3 transponder (old proprietary protocol – PAIS);
- possibility of interfacing with MDS AIMS – M III transponder;
- possibility of interfacing with the transponder via Pilot Plug (Pilot Plug Interface) where Navi-Fisher is used as the Pilot Personal Unit.
Transas has a ramified international network for providing maintenance service. This allows Transas to offer comprehensive professional help to its customers regardless of their location.