Navi-Sailor 4000 ECDIS MfD is the new all-in-one product manufactured by Transas which combines the type-approved ECDIS with type-approved Radar and Conning Display, which is based on Transas type-approved Integrated Navigation system (INS) software. Having evolved in 1999 from the first ECDIS worldwide to hold a type approval certificate, Transas Navi-Sailor 4000 ECDIS MfD is the result of the company’s long standing experience in the field of marine navigation, capable of meeting the demands of the professional navigator.
Navi-Sailor 4000 ECDIS Multifunction Display is a flexible and redundant solution providing the mariner with a convenient task-oriented environment.
Every Transas MfD workstation (WS) can be equipped with a standard set of software such as ECDIS, Radar, Conning, Chart Assistant utility and SPOS weather module giving the mariner the ability to switch between applications at the touch of a button.
All aforementioned applications are running simultaneously as part of the Multifunction Display.
MfC functionality with radar and conning can be added at any point during the products lifecycle.
Safe Navigation and Easy Operation
Always prioritising safety, Transas NS 4000 ECDIS MfD excels at giving you all the information you need when you need it, via the user-friendly and intuitive menu system.
Information System and Decision Support
A continual flow of information for presentation of the crucial and most needed navigational information and objects, keeps you informed of any situation.
Choice and Customization
New and practical options enable you to customize the system to meet your needs, including multiple operation modes with charts in up to 7 different formats.
Connects all available onboard navigation data sensors and systems, such as: two positioning systems, gyro, log, two ARPAs, AIS, echo sounder, autopilot, navtex and more.
Planning and Forecasting
planning, weather routing and calculation, and environmental tide and current databases. Weather forecasts, with the optional SPOS weather and route planning tool, are integrated with NS 4000.
Direct effects on fuel consumption, voyage times & work time have been proven by the many onboard installations over the last 10 years.
- Navigator-friendly environment for One Man Bridge operation reduces workload and stress
- Clear and consistent man-machine interface for intuitive and convenient operation
- Enhanced functional integration of navigational data
- System redundancy: all functions of ECDIS, Radar and Conning can be available on all MfD’s onboard
- Palettes synchronization in all 3 applications
- Sensor redundancy and double network ensures data integrity and reliability for network configuration
- Intelligent and efficient alarm management
- Simultaneous Loaded Route monitoring in ECDIS, Radar & Conning
- ECDIS Master Station status changeover to any MfD station
- Simultaneous network operation of two Radar Integrator Board (RIB-2) cards is possible, one for each workstation
- Distribution of radar pictures from all available radars within MfD network
- Chart correction, route and user database synchronization at all workstations and applications
- Order charts, charts corrections and weather forecasts online via ship communication station protected by CISCO firewall
Navi-Sailor 4000 ECDIS
- Integrates with AIS equipment in compliance with IEC61993/2 standard
- Automatically reads off, processes and integrates into the ENC messages from binary or NMEA Navtex
- Incorporated Radar Processor board providing the Radar picture overlay
- Passage recording playback function in compliance with IEC requirements regarding 12 hour log
- Multiple operation modes with charts in 7 different formats
- Automated keeping of the ship electronic logbook
- Passage planning includes environment data (currents, weather conditions etc)
- Alarms management
- Generation of SAR operation patterns
- Tender tracking on ENC using Seetrac Interface
Navi-Radar 4000 (Chart Radar)
- Connects to external Master radar as Slave radar
- User friendly, clear and logically structured interface
- Handles primary radar information
- Monitors and processes performance of ARPA tasks (up to 256 targets)
- Official ENC/S-57 and Transas ТХ-97 format electronic vector charts underlay
- Selection of coloured/monochrome chart in-fills or contours
- Displays routes loaded from external systems’ ECDIS/positioning system
- Association of AIS targets with ARPA targets
- Info panel displays AIS target and parameters output
- Processes parameters supplied via different interfaces from external information sources, presenting them on a single screen
- Navi-Conning system provides base screen views and allows fully custom-made individual screens
- Reception of information from network in digital and analogue formats
- Extendable measurement units database
- Internal Recording function
The Modern Way of Chart Administration Transas Chart Assistant utility gives you ability to administrate charts in all the formats. The administration of charts is processed as single process for all workstations. Transas provides an online maintenance service for charts in TX-97 and SENC formats. (Charts in S57/ENC, SEAFARER, ARCS, BSB/NDI, NOS/GEO, DNC formats can be installed and updated from CD or other removable data storage.)