SIGMA is a new generation of Transas monitoring systems, which focuses on monitoring not only the positions of targets, but also the state associated with the activities of controlled objects of various types. The system is designed to support decision-making on the management of facilities based on the obtained formalized information. Due to the possibility of including heterogeneous monitoring objects (mobile and stationary) and control objects (points, control centers, etc.) in a single network, SIGMA can be used as a global monitoring and analysis system.
SIGMA is able to provide informational support for a number of interrelated tasks: accounting for economic activity, management of mobile forces and assets, control of industrial fisheries, protection of aquatic biological resources, management of the rational use of biological resources, ensuring safety, including navigation, etc.
Sources of information
Information sources for SIGMA can be any automated and semi-automatic systems that allow the formation of formalized messages containing information about the state of monitoring objects, and transmit it through any communication channel that allows you to deliver information to users. The use of high-quality vector electronic cartography and the ability to display customizable information screensavers allow you to present both positional and narrative information about the MO in a visual form.
Depending on the configuration, the SIGMA system may include the following components:
- Distributed and independent database (DB), providing reception, storage, processing and delivery of analysis results, which can be configured to the needs of users in order to work with specific information
- Workstations that provide users with access to information stored in the database and work with it
- A communication server that provides work for the delivery of external information to the SIGMA database and notifies workstations of the received information
- Alarm server notifying workstations about the occurrence of an event monitored during monitoring
- Plugin server providing plug-in management
- Plug-ins that allow you to expand the functionality of the system, providing preliminary preparation, sending, receiving and processing of monitoring information (for example, weather module, symbol editor, etc.); such modules can be further developed at the request of the customer and function both separately and together with SIGMA
- Mounting kit
- Operational documentation.
A unique feature of SIGMA is the simplicity of reconfiguring the system to take into account the particular user’s work (various formats of input and output messages, stored characteristics and characteristics of the state of mobile objects (MO), interrogation, notification and control of the MO, data transmission and reception channels, etc. .). Local SIGMA systems, which have their own characteristics that are different from others, can be combined into a single global monitoring system.
- Selection of controlled objects based on a request according to any criteria of the object stored in the database
- The selection of MO in a given area for specific characteristics with the display of the bearing and distance from the MO (for example, in order to help the distressed)
- Monitoring the states and positions of the MO via an alarm server using the mechanism for generating geographical, route, interrogation alarms and time signals
- Registration of special signals received from outside the Moscow Region and notification of users through various communication channels (within the intranet, by e-mail, SMS-notifications, etc.), maintaining an archive of information received from outside
- Support for various formats of vector and raster maps (TX-97, DCW, BCB and ARCS, INGIT)
- Getting help information for each MO and its state, taking into account the type of MO and given characteristics configured at the stage of system setup
- Analysis of the information obtained using queries to the database with the output of the results to the screen and in the form of reports for the purpose of further processing
- Work with external plug-ins that extend the functionality of the system (for example, a message analysis module, a measuring instrument module, a weather module, etc.)
- Tracking the status and position of the Ministry of Defense through the receipt and distribution of messages (alerts)
- Work with routes (scheduling the movement of ships, predicting their movement, monitoring the adherence to the route and schedule)
- Work with external databases with the aim of receiving and transmitting stored data in automatic mode and on demand (for example, obtaining external characteristics of the MO containing data that are not stored in the SIGMA database)
- Flexible audit and registration of user actions within the system
- Strict restriction and confidentiality of obtaining information about the same MOs depending on the level of user access
- Accurate positioning of a given area using the tools “status navigator” and “map navigator”, which greatly simplifies access to any MO.
To expand the functionality of SIGMA, the customer himself can create plug-ins for the workstation, with the help of which it is possible to display additional objects on the map, perform various calculations, etc.
The architecture of the system allows you to work with other external programs and utilities, for example, such as a ship traffic control system, Transas emergency decision support system, which is an urgent task for crisis management centers (CMS) and rescue coordination centers (RCC) during measures to eliminate the consequences of various emergencies. To automate the process of generating and transmitting information from the MO, specialized on-board modules have been developed to support various message formats