Navi-Manager is intended for the monitoring and control of mobile objects (MO). This is an integrated organisational and technical solution for managers of agencies involved in operating MO’s, ensuring their safety and monitoring their motion.
Navi-Manager is a software package which enables the creation of systems that meet the needs of a broad range of users: from shipowners to national monitoring centres.
For this purpose, the system components are combined in the optional modules according to the nature of tasks to be accomplished. The user, therefore, can select the necessary combination of options to suit his/her needs. The base system set includes the minimum required amount of monitoring facilities and some service functions, but can be enhanced by adding some more options as required.
The system can operate in the stand-alone and networked modes. It should be noted that stations installed in different company divisions, and even on the remote site, can operate within single information environments.
- MO identification;
- MO tracking;
- reception, distribution and transmission of information to the monitored objects;
- recording of events and various associated information on the monitored objects;
- plotting of additional graphic objects with coordinates;
- display of reference information on the monitored and user objects;
- formation of internal monitoring databases;
- support of information exchange and data processing;
- recording of service information and events, which occurred;
- polling of MO’s (fitted out with Inmarsat C/GPS terminals);
- creation of guard zones;
- recording of facts of breaching the boundary or prohibited areas;
- generation of appropriate alarm signals depending on the nature of events, which occurred, or the received messages;
- route planning in case of MO control from the coastal observation post;
- other service functions.
- Monitoring and control of fishing and commercial ships
- Maintenance of communication processes at the coastal GMDSS sites
- State monitoring of fishing vessels
- Monitoring of river and shore mobile objects
- Support of emergency response operations
- Protection of exclusive economic zones
- Information and analytical support of ISMC code
- Fleet monitoring on the part of sea and fishing port authorities
- Information support of Rescue Coordinating Centres
- Monitoring and control of mobile objects within the VTS
Sources of information
Messages supplied via the marine and shore communication networks or data entered manually by the operator can serve as the system’s source of information.
Navi-Manager ensures reception and analysis of formalised messages using a broad range of the most common formats (DSC, Inmarsat, Internet, ship daily reports, etc.).
Besides, an additional message parser can be developed to suit the requirements of a particular user.
It can be easily adapted by the operator to suit the set task and saved for the further use. It allows windows to be distributed among several screens.
The system supports different chart formats (S-57, TX-97, DCW, etc.)
Information on Chart Objects
Reference information on any chart object can be obtained from the available database by using a special tool.
A special weather module allows on-chart display of the weather forecast 5 days in advance for any area in the world, and viewing of the weather change in the dynamic mode.
Creation of user charts
Adding messages to the database
Identification of violations
A filtering system allows the operator to promptly form the necessary list of objects according to many different criteria.MO reference characteristics
Entered in the database is information on various MO characteristics, which can be obtained by the operator as required for any object.
User access differentiation
Prospects of developing monitoring systems
Being aware of how urgent the problem of monitoring currently is, Transas continues to work on the improvement of its systems. According to customer recommendation, the company is developing a newgeneration of monitoring systems: SIGMA – the System of Integrated Global Monitoring and Analysis. The system features a number of improved functions and new capabilities:
- automatic recording and analysis of not only the positioning information, but also of various kinds of economic data (fuel, cargo, daily catch, use of quota, etc.);
- open multi-purpose parser interface which allows the user to independently prepare the converter in case of change to the received message format;
- new ADD INFO chart editor, new chart handling tools;
- data exchange not only with similar systems, but also with other databases used by the customer;
- improved alarm module, which includes event alerts along with geographic alarms (time, route, query alerts);
- unplanned request system, which allows reception of a broad range of different reports. The user is provided with the capability to independently form an individual set of database fields;
- extended list of the provided report documentation;
- more flexible functions of correct user administration.
The system can operate with both ships and mobile objects, with an individual set of characteristics used for each type.
The system architecture allows work with other external programs and utilities, such as the Crisis Management System, which is a major problem for the Crisis Management Centres and Rescue Coordinating Centres in the course of emergency response operations.
The company expects to develop a shipboard module to automate the process of formation and transmission of information from the MO.